Good afternoon friends. Logging into VK through a browser, computer version from a phone? The social network VK is one of the most popular not only in Russia, but also in many other countries. Especially in the countries of the former Soviet Union. Millions of people visit it every day. Nowadays, for the most part, it’s from mobile devices.
At the same time, the mobile version of VK has its differences from the computer version, which are significant in many ways. Administrators of this network mostly pay attention to the computer version. Its creators pay less attention to the mobile version of VK. Hence, it is updated less frequently and has fewer innovative ideas. Based on this, many people like the computer version of this site. I agree with these people, the computer version is really more convenient.
Why do we need a computer version of VK?
In the VK platform, unlike most resources, adaptive layout is almost not used. Its essence is that when a person enters a certain resource from a mobile device, its design takes on a look suitable for such devices. Therefore, instead of an adaptive template, the creators of VK developed 2 domains and one application:
- vk.com is a VK resource created for the computer version. Basically, we see this pattern if we log into this social network from computers, laptops, netbooks and televisions;
- m.vk.com is a mobile resource template that we find ourselves in if we enter it from any mobile device. At the same time, this site itself finds out which device you logged in from by using a special parameter, and not by examining the display size (from some phones a person gets to the computer version);
- mobile application downloaded from the Play Market or App Store. More suitable for mobile devices.
In addition, the working mechanism of different templates of this social network is also different. For example, certain options may work in the desktop version, but not appear in the mobile version. The situation may be the opposite, the option works in the mobile application, but does not appear on the PC.
VK computer version via phone
In fact, logging into this resource through a mobile gadget into the computer version is quite simple. We perform the same actions as on the computer:
- Launch any browser;
- In the search bar, enter the following domain vk.com or select the VK website in your browser bookmarks (relevant for Yandex and some other browsers);
- You will most likely need to log in;
- Click on settings (3 horizontal lines at the top right);
- Scroll the page that opens to the “Computer version” tab;
- Open using Yandex browser (or any other);
- Next we get to the computer version of VK;
- Of course, these steps will be slightly different on different phones and different systems. But you get the point. When you get to the PC version, it will be inconvenient for you, since you will have to enlarge the design and move the page to the right, then to the left, up and down. If you get tired of it, you will need to return to the mobile version. This is quite easy to do. To do this, enter m.vk.com into the address bar or simply exit the browser and click on the VK application.
Advantages of the mobile application
Some users believe that the computer version of VK and the mobile application are not particularly different, only a slightly different design. But these people are wrong, there is a difference between the two versions.
The mail.ru company gives preference only to the computer version with a mobile application. This company practically does not deal with mobile service design, because of this the functionality of the mobile design is disrupted. Therefore, it is advisable to log into this social network by selecting the PC version, or simply download the application (not to be confused with the mobile template) from the Play Market or App Store. Let’s look at the advantages of the applications:
- The application for mobile VK includes the functionality of the PC version and convenience for mobile devices. But, it is smaller in size, and because of this there will be less traffic;
- This program is created for a specific OS separately (Android, iOS). Because of this, incompatibility, incorrect display, etc. disappear;
- Some options are created exclusively for applications for mobile devices (For example, we take a photo from a camera and insert it into messages). For computer versions, this option is mostly unnecessary;
- Voice assistant Marusya, with whom you can communicate by voice and use it to perform various actions and settings. Marusya quite quickly executes the commands given to her;
- With Push notifications you will always be in touch. They function better in the mobile application, even if you are logged out of your account.
Conclusion : logging into VK through a computer version browser from a phone is quite simple. It is more functional than the mobile site template and has many additional options. In addition, you can simply download the VK application and use it. Good luck!
Sincerely, Andrey Zimin 11/18/2021