How to change the language in Word to Russian? Many people purchase office and are surprised to find out that Word is installed in English, or users have clicked on something. They don’t remember what exactly, and their language has changed. In addition, a person can simply change the language on the keyboard, and in Word the language will also change.
It is quite easy to change the language via the keyboard (the layout can be changed using the ALT+SHIFT or CTRL+SHIFT buttons), but it is more difficult to change it in the program itself. Therefore, in this text we will look at how to Russify office. I have the version of Office 2019. But if you have a different version, for example 2013, then in this version and increasingly the Office interface is almost 100% similar to 2019. If it is lower, for example Office 2010, then Russification will still take place in a similar way (in lower versions the design is also very similar, but slightly different).
How to Russify office through software settings?
- Open Word and go to the program settings through the “File” tab ;
- Next, we need to enter the “Options” sub-item ;
- A pop-up window appears. In it we need to select the language settings tab “Language” (Design Language) ;
- We look through the changed window, and click on all the “Russian” inscriptions or the language that you need as a design language (As in the screenshot);
- Further, in the program there are three buttons “Set As Default” (by default), located under each of the “Russian” inscriptions;
- You need to click on each of them. After you click on the first one, a pop-up window will appear in which we click “Yes”;
- Then, to save the settings, click on the OK button. After this, another pop-up window will appear, where we also click OK;
- Next, you will need to turn off the program and turn it on again. You have already changed the language!
Important : the language change will occur in all Office products installed on your computer, and not just in Word.
Changing the language in Word using the second method
- In the main menu, select the Review tab. Next to it is the Language label . Let’s click on it;
- Click on the shortcut, LMB. We have a drop-down menu where we need to click on the second menu “ Language Preferences… ”;
- We see the same window as in the first case. Then, we do everything according to the first scenario and change the language.
In my opinion, the second method is a little faster, but the result is the same!
How to change the Office language if you have one installed (English)?
Some versions of Microsoft Office are monolingual. In other words, they only have English. Of course, in such versions of the Office package you will not be able to change the language. In this case, there is only one way out: installing a multilingual package on your computer. To install it, do the following:
- First, you need to find out which version of this Office package you have installed. To do this, go to the “File” tab, and in the “Account” menu we look at which version you have installed (In the screenshot I indicated where the product name and version number are shown. For example, my Office is called Professional Plus 2019. Click-to-Run Build Number You may have a different one.
- We go to the site and select your version with the assembly. Also, do not forget about the system capacity (x86 or x64). All we have to do is download the one we need and install it (just click on the installation element, and the installation will happen automatically. After that, change the language to Russian, as shown on the page above.
How to change the language in Word in just a couple of minutes – 2 methods!
Conclusion : I showed how to change the language in Word to Russian. As you can see, it’s quite simple. In other words, both methods are quite simple. The third one is a little more difficult. But, you won’t have to change it for much longer. Good luck!
Sincerely, Andrey Zimin 04/26/2021