Good afternoon friends. Not every person wants to show their own data in messengers to strangers. Therefore, some people are interested in how to hide your phone number on WhatsApp? What can I say, some information about your data can actually be hidden. But you won’t completely hide your number.
Everyone knows that there are quite a lot of different attackers operating on the Internet. Hence, it becomes unreasonable to display your number, email and other information. Also, you do not need to show your number to a user with whom you do not want to have any communication and you do not need his sudden calls.
How to hide your WhatsApp number from other users?
If we want to hide most of our information from unwanted people on Android, then we must do the following:
- Launch the WhatsApp application on your smartphone;
- Log in to your account;
- Click on the 3 dots (Settings) located in the corner on the right;
- In the drop-down menu, select the “Settings” tab;
- In the new window, under the “Account” command, select the “Confidentiality” tab;
- In the next window, click on the “Confidentiality” command again;
- In the list that opens, select the “Information” tab;
- A window opens in which the application asks us, “Who can see my information?” We are asked to make a choice. You need to put a checkbox over the “Nobody” command. You can select “Contacts except…” and give access to contacts to those people you trust.
Using the same method, you can hide the time of your last visit to this messenger, your main photo, your status, or block any user.
How to block a user on WhatsApp?
- To block an unwanted user, select the “Confidentiality” tab in paragraph 6 of the upper method;
- In the new window, select the “Blocked” tab;
- As we can see, we have no blocked users. In order to block the desired user, click on the person’s profile, which is located in the upper right corner;
- After this, we have a list of contacts in which we can select any user and block.
These steps will hide most of your personal data, but not all. The user will be able to find you if he has your personal phone number and if you are in his contacts.
After these steps, you will also not be able to study hidden data in the accounts of other users.
How to make your personal number invisible on WhatsApp?
There are no options that can do this in WhatsApp. But, it is possible to limit the part of users for whom you will make logging into your account closed. But, the phone number will be visible to those subscribers who are added to your contacts. If you do not need the activity of a particular user, then it is recommended not to add him to your contacts, or to block him using the method I indicated above.
How to hide your WhatsApp number on iPhone?
In this case, as with the Android system, you cannot completely make the number invisible. But, there are other methods that will help make your information more secretive.
We will use system programs. To change the settings we will do the following:
- Launch WhatsApp and click on “Settings” (gear), which is located in the corner on the right;
- In the window that opens, click on the “Account” tab;
- Next, we need to select the “Privacy” tab;
- In the new window, select the “Information” tab;
- From the proposed command options, select “Nobody” or “My Contacts”, if that is more convenient for you;
- Using the same method, you can hide the time of your last visit to this messenger, your main photo, your status, or block any user. The steps are the same as in OS Android.
After applying these settings, the OS will automatically hide from you the same data that you hid from other users.
Hide unregistered contacts on WhatsApp
In the list of “contacts” according to the factory settings, you will see each contact from the phone’s contacts. Some of these users do not have a WhatsApp profile. Therefore, it would be logical if we simply delete these records.
Unfortunately, this option will not work with the iPhone, because… the “Contacts” command is not present there. Therefore, we will consider this method on Android. To do this, we will do the following:
- Select the horizontal menu “Calls”;
- At the bottom right side we will see an image of a telephone handset, click on it;
- We made contacts. Click on the 3 dots in the corner on the right;
- In the drop-down menu we need to select the “Contacts” tab;
- Tap on the 3 dots icon, which is located in the “Search in contacts” line;
- In the drop-down menu, select the “Customize filter” command;
- Place a checkbox above the “Other filter” command;
- In the new window, uncheck the “All contacts” box under the “WhatsApp” parameter. Click on the “Save” button.
After this, all changes made will take effect.
Hide an unused number
If among your contacts there is a decent number of outdated or unused numbers with correspondence that you no longer use, then it is possible to hide them. To do this, we will use correspondence archiving. To transfer correspondence and inactive contacts to the archive, we will do the following:
- Let’s launch WhatsApp;
- Go to the “Chat” menu;
- We scroll the page in order to find unnecessary correspondence;
- Click on the selected chat for 1-2 seconds. The top menu changes, select the downward arrow “Archive”;
- Next, the OS will hide the chat that has become unnecessary to you in a second.
If you decide to add a larger number of correspondence with contacts to the archive, then you need to do the following:
- Tap for 1-2 seconds on the desired contact. Wait for the function menu to appear;
- Then you need to tap on the next contact, and so on;
- Click on the button in the “Archive” menu;
- If you decide to archive all contacts, click on the 3 dots in the right corner;
- In the drop-down menu, select the “Select All” tab;
- A green checkmark will appear above all contacts;
- We archive all these contacts;
- You can also exclude contacts from archiving in this list. To do this, simply click on the excluded contact, and the green checkmark above it will disappear.
How to unarchive contacts?
- Below the “Chats” menu, click on the inscription “Archived”;
- Tap for 1-2 seconds on the desired archive;
- In the menu, select the arrow going up;
- This archive has now been unzipped.
Using this method, we quickly hid correspondence with contacts that had become unnecessary. Interestingly, the archived users themselves will not know about this, because… the creators of the messenger simply did not provide such an option!
Conclusion : using similar methods we have hidden most of the personal data that we do not want to share with strangers. As for how to hide your phone number on WhatsApp, this option is not provided by the WhatsApp developers. Good luck!
Sincerely, Andrey Zimin 06/22/2022