Good afternoon friends. How to find a person in WhatsApp by last name or first name when you need to tell him something or just make a call? Each subscriber is saved in the call log of the mobile gadget, where they are automatically synchronized with various instant messengers and can be found when necessary. Let’s learn how to find a person on WhatsApp on a smartphone and computer by entering his number, last name, or first name into the search.
Whatsapp how to find a person in contact?
In this messenger, searching for people is carried out mainly using the call log. WhatsApp has a “Search” tab, which is similar to a magnifying glass, using which you need to find the necessary subscribers.
This “Search” messenger functions both on a smartphone and on the computer version of the application. If you go to the WhatsApp page itself, you will not be able to find the necessary users, since WhatsApp is not a social network and it does not have its own user base. We can only find those contacts that are recorded in the call log.
Important : to find the right subscriber, you do not need the Internet. But, if we have just added people to this list, we will not find them without the Internet.
How to find a person by last name or first name on WhatsApp?
This is the simplest method of searching for a subscriber in the WhatsApp messenger:
- We enter this application;
- Click on the shortcut that creates a new conversation;
- We see a list of contacts, where we need to click on the magnifying glass located in the upper right corner;
- In the search line we need to enter the first name and last name (sometimes login or name of the organization) of the desired subscriber;
- The messenger will show the results found;
- Select the desired contact and start communicating.
You can find a user on WhatsApp if we enter his first name, last name, or nickname. You can enter characters using Russian or English. If you cannot find the subscriber, in this case we enter the first few letters of his name.
This image is suitable for both Android and iOS systems. Of course, in this case there will be some nuances, but in general these steps are suitable for these devices, it all depends on the model of a particular phone.
How to find a person by phone number on WhatsApp?
It may well be that it was not possible to find the right person using his first name and last name. But if you enter his number, then you can be sure that you will find the right subscriber. To do this, apply the following steps:
- We enter the log with WhatsApp contacts;
- Click on the search button located at the bottom right;
- In the new window, click on the magnifying glass;
- After this, we need to start entering the phone number in the search bar, or, if you don’t remember the whole number, then those of its numbers that you know;
- The messenger will show you all the options with the numbers you typed;
- From the proposed options, select the one you are looking for.
If you decide to find a person on this messenger using an iPhone, then the steps that need to be taken on this Apple gadget almost completely coincide with those that I gave. In this case, we also enter numbers into the search bar and look at the result. Most likely, you will find the right user.
How to find a person on WhatsApp without a number?
If you just want to find a person’s number through WhatsApp, you can read my article , where I described in some detail how to do these steps. If you simply want to find a person using their first and last name, but this person is not in the call log, then there is no way to find him, since WhatsApp does not have a client base for this messenger.
Whatsapp how to find a person in a contact if you have forgotten their details?
If you have a specific subscriber entered in the WhatsApp application, but you cannot remember any of his data, then in this case you need to view the entire book of entries. As you read, we look through the names, surnames and Avatars. Let’s look at the steps on how to do this:
- Tap on the button with a new chat, which is located in the lower right corner;
- We carefully look through the entire list of names and avatars, swiping down;
- If you have found the desired subscriber, then click on it to open the correspondence. After that, we start communicating. If you haven’t found this person on your smartphone, then you shouldn’t even try to look for him through the WhatsApp service.
How to tell if your friend is registered on WhatsApp or not?
Finding out whether your friend has WhatsApp is quite simple. To do this, just enter the call log from WhatsApp and see if your friend is there. If it is not there, it means that he did not install this application on his smartphone. In addition, you can understand whether your friend installed WhatsApp or not in a slightly different way.
- We enter the call log of your phone and carefully review it;
- We tap on a friend’s avatar and on his page we see which messengers he is registered with through this number. If the WhatsApp application is not on the subscriber’s data page, then it means that he does not use this messenger.
How to find a newly created contact?
Sometimes it happens that a person has added a new contact, but for some reason it is not in the list of contacts in the WhatsApp messenger. If this is the case, then you need to update your contacts. For this:
- Launch WhatsApp, click on the “New conversation” icon, which is located in the lower right corner;
- In the new window, click on the 3 vertical dots “Settings”;
- In the drop-down menu, select the “Update” tab;
- When the operation is completed, you need to review your contact list again;
- If your friend does not appear on the list, this means that WhatsApp most likely is not installed on his phone. In this case, there is only one way out. Call a friend and ask him to install this application on his phone.
How to find a person through WhatsApp computer application?
Through this Windows system application, the search for subscribers is carried out in a manner similar to a mobile device:
- Launch the WhatsApp application;
- Click on “Plus”, which is located at the top right;
- A column opens with a search bar at the top. You need to enter the name of the person you are looking for, or his number;
- From the list found, select the desired subscriber and begin communication.
Conclusion : finding a person on WhatsApp is quite easy. We enter its data into the search bar and look through the list that appears. But, you can find a person only if his data is in the memory of the mobile gadget. This also applies to the computer; the subscriber’s data must be located in the phone book of the smartphone. And, since the phone and computer are synchronized, we will see the necessary data through the PC. You can search using either the Cyrillic or Latin alphabet. If we do not know the subscriber’s full name, then we enter part of his name or number. Good luck!
Sincerely, Andrey Zimin 12/22/2021